- Tyson Fury pulled out of his world title fight against Oleksandr Usyk due to a cut
- This led to the escalation in the war of words between John Fury and Carl Froch
- Fury had labelled Froch a ‘s***house’ and has now called him out for a showdown
John Fury has escalated his war of words with Carl Froch by calling out the former super-middleweight world champion for a fight at Wembley stadium.
The pair have developed a feud over recent times, with Froch heavily critical of Tyson Fury after he was forced to pull out of his world title fight against Oleksandr Usyk at late notice due to a cut to his face that he picked up sparring.
Meanwhile, John Fury had labelled Froch a ‘s***house’ and threatened to ‘kick him up the a***’ among other insults after the 46-year-old had repeatedly torn into the Gypsy King.
And, following his latest tirade against his son, John took matters into his own hands by calling out Froch in a video on his Instagram page.
Posting to his story, John said: ‘Video to Carl The Snake Froch. You’re having plenty to say mate on your little podcast channel.
John Fury called out Carl Froch for a fight at Wembley after their war of words escalated
The pair have exchanged a slew of insults recently, with Froch labelled a ‘s***house’ by Fury
‘John Fury’s rung the bell for you again, got you plenty of content, plenty of viewing figures that you were after.
‘Listen, your mate George Groves said something very interesting. You and me, Wembley Stadium, 93,000 crowd. I’m up for that my friend.
‘You’ve had plenty to say. I have. I stand by every word that I’ve said. You don’t like me. Let’s see what you can do what about it.’
He continued: ‘Hater versus Top Father – that’s what we’ll call this. But, it’s got to make business sense.
‘Get your people to contact me directly … get the contracts joined up, I will fight you, Wembley Stadium, this year.
‘Don’t worry about that. John Fury will not back out of the fight with you my friend.’
John’s call-to-arms came after Froch had slammed those close to the Gypsy King following news his fight against Usyk had been postponed from February 17 to May 18.
He has previously questioned Fury when he told Lucky Block: ‘What’s he ever done? Who has he actually beaten?’
Then, reflecting on the postponement of the fight on his YouTube channel on Sunday, Froch added: ‘I don’t think there’s any excuse for him to get cut. It never happened to me. I used to wear a face guard.
‘No elbows can get through so you mitigate getting injured. That’s what you should be doing before a fight of this magnitude – taking massive precautions.
‘I’m blaming his trainer, I’m blaming Tyson himself for not taking that precaution, whether you’re uncomfortable in it or not.’
Froch also claimed the postponement was good news for Fury after being left unimpressed by clips of him sparring.
Fury was forced to withdraw from his world title fight against Oleksandr Usyk due to a cut
Froch also claimed this was good news for Fury after being left unimpressed by him in training
‘He’s got cut in sparring two weeks before the biggest fight of his life,’ Froch continued.
‘This is the unification, undisputed heavyweight title fight we’ve all been weighing for.
‘At two weeks out he should be keeping his sparring partners at a distance, working on what he needs to work on when he’s fighting Usyk.
‘Of course the guys are going to get close to you during sparring, but from the clips I’ve seen Fury was having a bit of a push around and a move, he was looking sloppy.’