‘No contract has been sent’: Eddie Hearn denies Tyson Fury’s claim about Anthony Joshua talks but admits the Gypsy King’s camp has made some contact about a potential fight
- Fury took to social media to confirm he’s back in talks with Anthony Joshua
- The Gypsy King said he sent AJ a ‘draft contract’ for a proposed September bout
- Fury and Joshua were locked in talks over a Battle of Britain bout last year
Eddie Hearn has denied Tyson Fury’s claim that he sent Anthony Joshua a draft contract for a fight in September.
‘A few days ago I sent a draft contract to Anthony Joshua for a fight in September [at] Wembley Stadium its a fight that everyone wants to see including myself,’ Fury tweeted.
‘Come of AJ lets give the world what they want to see. This time im not gonna make a million vids & keep putting pressure on. the ball is now on your side.
‘I don’t want to ruffle anyone’s feathers, but at the same time I feel like it’s important to tell you what’s happening and also I don’t want someone trying to make Anthony Joshua look bad for no reason,’ Hearn told IFL TV.
Joshua (right) and his promoter Eddie Hearn (left) will have to scrutinise any offer sent to them
‘First things first, we have been sent no contract. No contract has been sent.
‘Tyson Fury came out last night and said, ‘I have sent the contract to Anthony Joshua’s team’, he hasn’t, his team hasn’t, we’ve been sent no contract for a fight in September.
‘On Tuesday or Wednesday, George Warren sent me an email and said, ‘Look, would you be interested in a fight in September? We’ve discussed terms before. We don’t think it’ll be that hard to make. What are your thoughts?”
‘I rang George Warren immediately and said, ‘Listen, we’re planning our August fight and we are obviously in negotiations in Saudi Arabia for the [Deontay Wilder] fight in December.
‘If we can’t get that model moving, we would be more than happy to look at a Tyson Fury fight.’
Fury (left) has previously made a series of antagonising statements to potential opponents
‘Honestly, nothing else to tell you at this point other than there has not been any contract sent to us, but we are talking to George Warren and if our plans don’t come to fruition we would of course be open to discussing a fight with Tyson Fury.’
Fury and Joshua had been locked in talks over a Battle of Britain bout last year but discussions broke down after the Gypsy King grew impatient waiting for AJ to sign the contract.
Negotiations over the highly-anticipated bout had been ongoing for months before both parties declared the fight – which was scheduled to take place on December 3, 2022 – was officially off the cards